Welcome to the Central York Middle School Library and Hub where our mission is to ensure that learners and staff are effective users of ideas and information. Our mission is accomplished by:
- Providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats.
- Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- By providing a fun, interactive, working stations.
- By working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the need of individual learners
What makes our library special?
- We have books!
- We have eBooks!
- We have a small section of Spanish Books
- We have databases
- We have World Book Encyclopedia Online
Policy 109.1- Library Resources
In June 2023, the Central York Board of School Directors approved Policy 109.1 pertaining to Library Resources. This newly adopted policy allows all families the ability to provide oversight of which categorized books their children can check out within the Central York School District Library system. All information regarding the categorization of books can be viewed on the Central York School District policy site under Policy 109.1. If any family wishes to control the categories of books available to their child, they should complete the form attached to the policy available on our website. This form is also available here on the Library Homepage. Any questions regarding this process can be directed to your child’s school librarian.
- Books are checked out for two weeks.
- Books may be renewed.
- Books not returned on time are overdue. Fines for each book are ten cents a school day. Students will receive an email if it is overdue. If the book is returned in two days the fine will be waived. If the student was absent on the book due date, the library assistant must be informed the day the books are returned.
- If there is an overdue book or fine, students are not permitted to check out books.